Search This Blog

Friday 15 June 2012

It takes one big thing to make you realise how important family is...

Hey guys and girls... sorry it's been a while since I posted last. The thing is on the 3rd of June I lost a special person to me. My mamgu (grandmother in welsh) lost her battle with cancer. So we've all been coming to terms with her not being in our lives anymore.


Me and Mamgu

She played a big role in my life and she still will even though she's not with us anymore. I lost my gran at 9 and my mamgu realised how her death had effected me. With mamgu being in my life since I was born it's going to be hard for me knowing that I'll never see her again. My mother is also finding it very difficult, anyone would if they lost they're mother.


My mamgu's death has made me realise how important my family is to me. I always used to take her shopping every week or just go down her house for a cup of tea and dinner. Since finding out she had cancer last year her health declined quickly and the thought of her being in pain upset us all. So knowing that she is no longer in pain or suffering makes us feel a little better. But I am still expecting her to walk in the room with a pile of shopping (as if she was feeding the army!!).


 I don't know where I would be without my family around me. My mother does everything for me and my brother and both my mother and father are there to support us both and listen to our worries.


On June 10th me and my mother took part in our local Race For Life in memory of mamgu... although I didn't realise how far 5k actually was so I have been aching all week! But it's all for a good cause and we will definitely be doing it again next year!


Me, Mammy and friends at Race For Life
One thing for sure is no matter how I look or feel I know my family are there for me and will support me in everything I do.


If any of you can relate to my story please share it with me.


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment