Search This Blog

Monday 9 April 2012

Changing yourself for someone

Hey Beautiful People! After writing my last post on a character in the new series The Syndicate I remembered that I once wanted to change myself for someone. So I thought I would share it with you all and have a giggle. I say giggle because this didn't happen last year or any time recently...
Courtesy of Love African


It happened when I was around 8 or 9 in Primary School. I was going out with this boy in my year but I had overheard someone say he fancied my best friend too. Although my best friend and I were very similar there was one obvious difference... our hair colour. I had mousy brown hair while she had long blonde locks.


It was as if a light bulb went off in my head and I went home to ask my mother if I could dye my hair blonde. Obviously my mother said no but I persuaded her to let me have a few blonde streaks. But, despite my efforts he still fancied my best friend. Even though he was going out with me he still got her a valentine's card before he gave me mine. You can imagine how I felt, somewhat having my little heart broken for the first time. 







But looking back now, I'm glad my mother stopped me from dying my hair blonde. You could say this incident was the first time I wanted to change myself for someone and my mother was the one who taught me to be myself. I don't have to change for anyone. If people don't like me the way I am then they're not worth my time. 


Over the years I have dyed my hair a lot. I've been dark brown, black, and now I'm light brown. You could say I get bored with my hair colour easily and I'm a really fussy person. But now, I want my natural colour back. I wish my mother had stopped me from dying it in the first place. But I guess we all learn the hard way. 


One thing I have learnt though is to do things for me, and not anyone else. I've definitely learnt the fact that you shouldn;t change yourself for anyone. Have you guys had any similar incidents? I'd love you to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment