Search This Blog

Saturday 17 March 2012

Let's beat Cancer!!

Hey Beautiful people! I'd like you to take 5 minutes of your time just to read this post. I signed up for Race For Life this week to help the fight with the big C. Not only is Cancer effecting millions of people around the world but it's effecting a special person in my family...my Mamgu (grandmother in welsh). Therefore, this fundraising race is close to my heart.
Logo: Race for life
Race For Life
 We found out Mamgu had cancer of the bowel last May. Although she had the majority of the tumour cut out it's still spreading. She's too weak to have treatment to fight the disease and each day she's getting weaker.
Me and Mamgu at Christmas


She has her good days but these are becoming a rare occasion. Along with her cancer  she is suffering from early stages of dementia so her confusion is at an all time high. It's hard to have a conversation with her as she struggles to find her words.


It's so hard knowing she will never win this battle and it's only a matter of time before Cancer takes her life. She has gone from being an independent woman to a fragile, dependant person. She can no longer look after herself or my Dadcu (grandfather) who is in the late stages of Dementia and Parkinson's disease. Currently, they are both in a home having 24 hour care. It's lovely knowing they are being looked after by such lovely nurses.


This is why I've decided to do my bit in helping fight Cancer. I may not be able to help my Mamgu win her battle, but I can raise money to help fight future generations with their battles. I would be so grateful if you could just take 1 minute sponsoring me at my personal Race For Life page. It doesn't have to be a lot but every little helps.


It's sad knowing my Mamgu is slowly losing her battle but it puts things into perspective. Make the most of what you've got and spend as much time with your family as you can. One day they'll be gone. So let's all help fight Cancer!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment