|Courtesy of Kells and Kanga Love Lavender|
- Be confident
- Walk with your head high. Looking at the floor while walking only tells people you are not confident about yourself.
- Be yourself- this is when people get to know the real you!
- Don't worry about what other people think
- Learn to love your body. Know your 'lumps and bumps' and be proud!
- Learn how to dress your body shape
- Look in the mirror and find your best features and focus on them
- Don’t compare yourself to other people. You’re your own person!
- Give yourself a compliment every day
The most important thing about feeling good about yourself is that you are happy, no matter what shape, size or height.
Gok Wan's show "How to look good naked" is a great example of women and men feeling insecure about themselves. But with a bit of help from Gok, they overcome their insecurities. His blog offers people advice and even has a question and answer section.
Author Sarah Maria has a book out called ‘Love Your Body, Love Your Life: 5 Steps to End Negative Body Obsession and Start Living Happily and Confidently’ which deals with the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual side of embracing our bodies. Have a read and tell me what you think!
Remember, don’t change yourself, learn to change the way you think about yourself! Let's love ourselves!